Welcome to registration for Fall Crew 2023. Get your car’s suspension ready . . . it’s time for another season down at the boathouse!! In the Fall, Crew operates as a Club, training, conditioning, racing and recruiting for Spring. It is a bit more relaxed, with scrimmages with other local rowing clubs. It’s a great time to check it out and see if this sport is for you! With our Michigan fall colors and crisp weather you will surely enjoy being out on the water in the Fall and seeing what you can accomplish with good friends and teamwork! We end the season with a team bonding event. Last year, we had a blast at the Halloween Bash held at the Boathouse!
Rowing Camps, 2023.
It’s Summer Sports Camp time and Forest Hills Eastern High School has Rowing Camps available for those who would like to learn to row or improve their skills. Sign up is through the school’s website linked below.
- June 12th – 16th (M-F)
- July 19th – 23rd (M-F)
- July 31 – August 4th (M-F)
Times: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Grades: 7th – 12th
Cost: $100 per session
Coach: Ben Norrix firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: FH Boathouse, 8525 Grand River, Ada, MI 49301
Welcome to registration for Spring Crew 2023. We’re gearing up for another great season of rowing, so get your car’s suspension ready . . . it’s time!!
Mark your Calendar with the following dates for our Spring Crew Season…
- March 8 (Wed) – Parent meeting at FHE, at 6:00 pm in the hallway outside of the auditorium.
- March 13 (Mon) – FIRST OFFICIAL DAY OF PRACTICE. Mon. 13 – Thu. 16, will be indoor conditioning at FHE everyday after school, 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm.
- March 16 (Thu) – MANDATORY SWIM TEST at the Forest Hills Aquatic Center at 6:45pm. Look out for the FinalForms email from Coach Norrix for details.
- March 17(Fri) – Half day of school – practice at FHE, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm.
- March 18(Sat) – 2K at FHE, 9:00 am – Noon.
- March 19 (Sun) – Dock goes in!
- March 20 (Mon) – First practice on water. Hurrah!
- March 25 (Sat) Ergatta – Indoor Sprints at Forest Hills Central High School Gymnasium, Grand Rapids, MI.
- March 30 (Thu) – ALL FINAL FORMS, REGISTRATIONS & FEES DUE.
- April 22 (Sat) Belted Galloway Regatta at the FHPS Boathouse, Ada, MI.
- April 29 (Sat) 28th Annual Grand Rapids High School Invitational at Riverside Park, Grand Rapids MI.
- May 6 (Sat) – Martindale Sprints at Kent Lake, Kensington Metropark, in Milford, MI.
- May 13/14 (Sat/Sun) Midwest Scholastic Regionals (invitation only) at Kent Lake, Kensington Metropark, in Milford, MI.
- May 13 (Sat) – Lansing Regatta for athletes not participating in Midwest at Grand River Park, Lansing, MI.
- May 20 (Sat) Scholastic Rowing Association of Michigan State Championships Regatta 2023(SRAM)at Kent Lake, Kensington Metropark, in Milford, MI.
- May 26 – May 28 – SRAA Nationals (invitation only) at Melton Hill Lake, Oak Ridge, TN.
Support our brilliant Forest Hills Eastern Rowing Team by dropping off your empties at the FHPS Boathouse (8400 Grand River Drive, Ada MI 49301). Please make sure your empty cans and bottles are completely empty and clean. Thank you!
FHE Crew fundraiser:
– Eastern rowers and family, This Saturday we will be having our first fundraiser of the year. Our Clean Cars and Clean Juice fundraiser will consist of a Car Wash in the D&W parking lot on knapp from 12-4pm. We will also be receiving 20% of sales on all orders we bring into the Clean Juice located near the D&W from 8am to 8pm.
Practice moving forward will be moving to 3:30pm and last until 5:30pm. Practices will continue to be on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
On Saturday October 17, we will be having a scrimmage with Northern and Central at the boathouse. The tentative start time will be 9am. Due to covid restrictions, parents will not be allowed to attend. I will be doing my best to film at least part of each race. They will be posted to the Facebook group page Here.
Hope you all are doing well,Coach Ben
Here is a note from our Coach with details. If you did not receive this note via email, let Coach know and get on his contact list!
Hello Parents of FHE Rowing,
This Fall has been a whirlwind of changing information. Just when I thought I had it all figured out, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the governor was allowing fall sports. Because of this decision, Eastern rowing is also now allowed to have full team practices.
My plans are to keep practices on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at the Boathouse in Ada. Practices will now be from 4pm to 6pm each day. I apologize for this inconvenience, but I am excited that we get to work together as a team. There are no restrictions to the amount of participants at practice.
In accordance with the new rules that the governor has laid out, during practice all rowers MUST be wearing facial coverings for the duration of practice.
This Saturday from 3pm to 6pm we are having a boathouse cleaning party. We will be cleaning the boathouse, washing and rigging the boats. Facial coverings are required.
Lastly, many of you have not signed your athletes up on FinalForms. This is a requirement for athletes to participate in sports at Eastern this year. Coaches are also required to send emails through Final Forms, so moving forward all of my emails will be sent in that format. The link to sign your child up for crew and other sports can be found here
Hope you are all doing well,
Sign-up for each practice & submit Covid-19 form before each practice….Coach Ben fills you in here:
Hello Parents of FHE Crew,
I am excited to announce that beginning Wednesday August 26, 2020 we will be holding socially distanced practices at the boathouse open to everyone on the team from last year. This includes all freshman and novices from this past spring and middle schoolers from last fall and winter. There is NO FEE to participate!
With our current restrictions, we are allowed to have 4 athletes at the boathouse at a time. We have one of our eights rigged as a four with an open seat between each rower. Rowers must wear masks too and from the boathouse. They can take their masks off once seated in the boat.
Prior to arrival at every practice, each rower must fill out the form here, and have a measured temperature below 100.3.
Practices will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For this first week, sessions will be 11am to 12pm, 12:30pm to 1:30pm and 2pm to 3pm. Starting the 31st, practices will be 3pm to 4pm, 4:30pm to 5:30pm and 6pm to 7pm. You can sign up for sessions at the link here.
Starting September 8, we will be allowed to have 16 practices with more than 8 athletes before October 31st. The dates of those practices will be announced at a later time.
Sorry for the long winded email. I hope you are all doing well and staying safe.
NOTE: If you rowed last year and are seeing this on the website or Facebook but did not get this letter in an email, contact Coach Ben and ask to get on his google groups list.
Hello Parents of Forest Hills Eastern Crew,
I still have many awards for athletes on last year’s high school team(2019-2020).
I will be at the boathouse again tomorrow Wednesday August 12 from 11am till 2pm. If you are unable to come tomorrow to pick up the award, please reach out to me so we can make other arrangements.
We are also very excited to announce that the Forest Hills Eastern High School Athletic Department has partnered with FinalForms, an online forms and data management service. FinalForms allows you to complete and sign athletic participation forms for your students online. The most exciting news is that FinalForms saves data from season-to-season and year-to-year, meaning that you will never need to enter the same information twice! You will review your information once per school year to verify information is current and sign the forms.
Enrollment in FinalForms is mandatory for all students planning to participate in sports at Forest Hills Eastern. To register your athlete, please click the link below:
Eastern Athletic Final Forms Link
A couple of hints from the FHE Athletic Department:
- Bookmark this site or save it to your desktop on your mobile device or computer (do not Google search for it in the future as you will not go directly to the FHPS site).
- Have required information available, such as medical history/health information, insurance company policy numbers, doctor, dentist and hospital information. This will make the registration time be more efficiently completed.
- Parents will need to fill in your student’s email address. Please do not use your students’ school email for this. The school email system blocks all emails that are outside of the FHPS system. Your student will then need to check their email for information on how to complete their portion of the registration.
- Please note once you register, you will receive an email to confirm your account, create a password, and then complete the required forms.
- Attached is the Forest Hills Parent Playbook to help you with the online registration process.
- Pay to Participate fees will not be open to pay at this time. We will open and begin to collect fees as we become more certain of when each sport will begin and be played.
Thank you for your assistance and support in streamlining our paperwork processes for Forest Hills Eastern High School Athletics.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us in the athletic department:
JJ Jacobs – email@example.com
Ben Sherman, FHE Athletic Supervisor – firstname.lastname@example.org
Forest Hills Eastern Athletics – 616-493-8838 Fax – 616-493-8837
I hope you are all doing well and staying safe,
Our Snap-Raise Fundraiser Meeting (3/19) and our Bottle/Can Drive (3/21) are postponed until further notice.
We will be following the COVID-19 crisis closely and if possible will reschedule these later in the season. Please stay safe. Practicing social distancing will give us the best chance to get through this sooner so we can get on that water!