Thursday, March 16 at the Forest Hills Aquatic Center (see map below)
First group starts at 6:45pm (see FinalForms email from Coach Norrix for details)
All rowers must take the Mandatory Swim Test.
- Please don’t arrive before 6:30pm.
- Use the lower entrance of the building.
- All athletes should wear a bathing suit underneath their swim clothes. Please have them check any pockets for treasures (lint, wrappers, money, etc.) and remove those items.
- The athletes need to take a soaking shower with their swim clothes on. Showers are required for everyone entering the pool. Showering with the clothes on will remove some additional dirt/lint before they enter the water.
- There will be no diving in or flips/twists off the side of the pool.
- During the treading portion, everyone must stay at the surface (no going underwater).
ATTIRE FOR THE SWIM TEST:
- Dress in layers.
- Sweatpants and Sweatshirt for the treading portion.
- Do NOT wear anything that you care about. This test is in a chlorine pool and could damage your clothing.
TIPS FOR THE SWIM TEST:
- Swim on your back and keep your head back ALL THE WAY and keep your arms and legs underwater.
- If you choose to swim on your stomach, keep your arms and legs near the surface but underwater.
- Treading: Bring knees up like you are sitting in a chair and kick with a wide kick. Lean forward (try to get their back (lungs) near the surface. Keep hands/arms just under the surface, mostly straight, and move straight out together and then all the way apart out to the side. Slower is better!!
Getting to the Swim Test: