Saturday, April 29, 2023
Riverside Park, 2001 Monroe Ave. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49501.
The 28th Annual Grand Rapids High School Invitational Regatta at Riverside Park, is a very comfortable and enjoyable regatta. Riverside is a nice venue with plenty of parking and a nice big spot for our team tents. This will be a much bigger regatta and you will get to see teams from all over the state.
Details below are from 2022 as a reference only. 2023 details will be posted as available.
- All athletes must use the North baseball diamond parking lot accessed off Monroe north of the access road.
- For parents, you can find parking along the roads and in the neighborhood outside of the park.
- All athletes at our boats by 6:30am
- We will have a tent set up near the boats for the athletes and coaches. This area is off limits to parents without prior permission.
- We will have another tent set up along the race course for family and friends to gather at to support our team.
- Athletes will be allowed to travel to the family area after they are done racing and at lunch time.
- We do this because in the past, coaches and coxswains had to go searching for athletes because they were about to miss their race.
Heat Sheet and Lineups:
- First race begins at 8:30am.
- The heat sheet will be sent out once I have it from the regatta.
- Lineups will be sent out the night before the event.
- We will provide athletes with lunch.
- Please have kids pack water bottles and dress for chilly weather on the water.
- Food vendors will be available.
- Be sure to keep an eye on the weather and dress in layers. A backpack with a blanket, sun block, hat, extra snacks etc. and a camp chair is always a good idea.
- Check out the line up at Regatta Central at https://www.regattacentral.com/regattas.