Saturday, October 14th, 2023
Forest Hills Public Schools Boathouse
8400 Grand River Drive,
Ada MI 49301.
This Regatta is held at our Home….the Forest Hills Public Schools Boathouse, located at 8400 Grand River Drive, Ada MI 49301.
– All athletes should arrive at the boathouse no later than 7:30am.
– Parking at the boathouse is limited to a select number of individuals per team.
– We will have an athlete drop off area just inside the main gate of McGraw Park.
– For middle schoolers, you are more than welcome to attend the entirety of the event, but you do not need to be at the regatta until 12:00pm.
Parking and Shuttle Bus:
– Parking for the regatta will be located at Ada Elementary School.
– 731 Ada Dr SE, Ada, MI 49301
– A shuttle bus will be running every 15 minutes beginning at 6:30am and lasting until 9:30am.
– After 9:30am, the shuttle will run approximately once every 30 minutes
– You cannot park along Grand River Dr. If you do, your vehicle will be towed by the city.
Racing and viewing:
– The race course has been changed due to river height levels. It will be down stream and be the distance of 2250m.
– Viewing for the event can be seen from Michael McGraw Park (our boathouse) and along the trail downstream from the dock.
– The finish line will be near the big bench along the trail.
– Racing is scheduled to last until 2:00pm.
– This event would not be able to run without support from the parents. We are looking for volunteers to help with a variety of tasks.
– Most positions are split into morning and afternoon shifts.
– The safety boat drivers gain a unique vantage point for watching the racing.
– To volunteer, please click the following link: