THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS FOR THOSE REGISTERING FOR SPRING SEASON ONLY! All rowers must complete the FHE Crew Packet & forms and pay fees for both Club and Pay-to-Play. All forms must be in by the first practiceor you will NOT be able to participate that day. Late registrations accepted, with Coach approval.
PARENT UPDATE for Spring 2021
PLEASE READ AND COMPLETE EVERYTHING IN THE PARENT UPDATE LETTER. (You may also follow the steps below, but the letter has the best information until this page is updated.
Forest Hills Eastern High School Athletic Department has partnered with FinalForms, an online forms and data management service. FinalForms allows you to complete and sign athletic participation forms for your students online. The most exciting news is that FinalForms saves data from season-to-season and year-to-year, meaning that you will never need to enter the same information twice! You will review your information once per school year to verify information is current and sign the forms.
Eastern Crew operates as a club, which means in addition to the above Final Form requirements, you are required to register your athlete separately with Eastern Crew Club and pay those dues to the appropriate party. See below for details.
COMPLETE THESE 3 STEPS
1) Register with FINALFORMS
Enrollment in FinalForms is mandatory for all students planning to participate in sports at Forest Hills Eastern. To register your athlete, please click the link below:
Eastern Athletic Final Forms Link (See #5)
MPORTANT NOTE ABOUT MEDICAL CLEARANCE: New or Returning to Crew? Please make sure you have a current health form on file with the FHE Athletic department. A CURRENT-YEAR PHYSICAL IS ONE GIVEN ON OR AFTER APRIL 15 OF THE PREVIOUS SCHOOL YEAR.
Thank you for your assistance and support in streamlining our paperwork processes for Forest Hills Eastern High School Athletics.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us in the athletic department:
JJ Jacobs – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Sherman, FHE Athletic Supervisor – email@example.com
Forest Hills Eastern Athletics – 616-493-8838 Fax – 616-493-8837
2) Register with CREW CLUB
- Complete the Online FHE Crew Registration or Printable FHE Crew Packet which includes:
- Rower Code of Conduct Contract
- Travel/Medical Permission Form
- A limited number of crew printed packets are available at the FHE Athletic Office.
- Team Uniform Order Form/Fees TBD
- Photocopy of Medical Insurance Information
- CREW Dues Payment
- $200.00 for Spring 2021 due to Covid. Regular Season is $400.00 (previous rowers) OR $300.00 (new/novice rowers)
- Pay with Check payable to FHE Crew Boosters and turn all forms and payment in to: Jen Asselin, 1059 Crescent St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
- NAME YARD SIGNS (optional): Yard signs with your rower’s name on it are placed along the carpool line during each week we have a regatta. Yard signs are $25 each and are reusable. We are in need of a volunteer to coordinate this year. If you are willing to take this on, please contact Jen Asselin.
Turn your dues payment and paperwork (if you didn’t do the online registration)in to: Jen Asselin, Crew Board Treasurer at 1059 Crescent St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 by April 15.
3) In addition to the above forms, all rowers MUST sign the US Rowing ONLINE WAIVER in order to participate in Regattas.
- The US Rowing waiver must be completed each calendar year.
- Complete the online US Rowing Waiver with your student (waivers must be submitted by the athlete, parent, or the legal guardian if the athlete is under 18 years old).
- Click on US Rowing Waiver – for both novice & returning rowers
- Under INDIVIDUALS click “join” if you are a novice. If you are a returning rower click “members” to sign the waiver.
- Our club code is: M4C7G
- If you have forgotten your user name or password there are prompts to help you.
- There is a $5.75 admin. fee that you must pay
- First time registrants will type in “Forest Hills Eastern” under “team or club name” and be asked for your club access code. COMING SOON
MARK YOUR CALENDAR for these early dates:
- MANDATORY SWIM TEST on March 19th from 7pm at the FH Aquatic Center
- Monday, March 22nd FIRST DAY of PRACTICE
- Calendar for remaining dates (subject to change)
Other Useful Forms and Links
- New? Check out Is Crew for YOU?
- Parent Participation
- FHE Athletics Department
- Regatta Central
- GR Rowing Association
- Forest Hills Eastern Athletic
Social Media Links
- FHE Crew Facebook Page
- FHE Crew Facebook Group Page (request access)
- FHE Rowing Twitter
- FHE Athletics Boosters Facebook
- FHE Athletics Instagram
- FHE Athletics Twitter